The Submarine Family Website Accessibility Statement
The Submarine Family website has been designed as close to current W3C web standards as possible and should work on all modern browsers. It has been tested on Internet Explorer 6 for Windows, Safari for Mac and Firefox for Windows and Linux. If you have any problems viewing the site please contact us with details of your browser and the problems you are having.
Where possible the W3C Accessibility guidelines have been followed in the design of this website, in order to allow a more reliable viewing experience to a wider audience.
Some of the accessibility features built in include:
- HTML markup has been used properly.
- The website uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Text alternatives are provided for images with meaning.
- Images are high contrast and web optimised.
- Navigation is used in a clear and consistent manner.
- A Sitemap has been provided to enable rapid text link navigation of the entire website.
- Links to the Sitemap, Site Help and this Accessibility page are available at the bottom of every page.
- High contrast colours have been employed for text to aid readability.
- Within reason, the design should scale as text size is increased in the browser to aid readability.
- Information is provided in manageable chunks.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using colour.
- Headings have been used properly to structure the page.
Accessibility is an ongoing process and feedback is an important part of it. If you find any aspect of our website difficult to use for any reason, please contact us.